S5 Pro Bundle ER80

Posted · S5 Pro Bundle ER80

Is there any solutions to this problem with the air manager? From what I can read in different forums this seems like a common problem.
We just bought a S5 Pro Bundle to our office a few months ago and we have printed maybe 10 prints so far, and now this problem appeared for us (ER80). Really frustrating. 
I printed a 1day and 20 hour long print and about 1day and 15 hours into the print it fails...
We feel we cant trust this printer anymore. We really thougth this printer would be the best upgrade from the UM3.

[edit by gr5: I split you off into a new topic as ER80 and ER1 are most likely completely different.]

• Like 1

The printer should have told you to go to ultimaker.com/ER80.  Did you read everything there?  I just did.  What did you try so far?  It sounds like the most common problem is the cable - if your printer is back against a wall on a large table it may be difficult to reach around behind the printer and maybe the initial cable installation was a bit loose.  I'd move the printer such that you can get good access to the back then remove and insert the AM cable firmly and be sure it's really in there good.

Also make sure you update your firmware to the latest.  I only have the base S5 but if anyone who knows more than me looks at this topic they are going to want to know what firmware version you have so maybe post that here as well.

As a first course of action, please follow the advice on ultimaker.com/ER80
    It is possible the issue persists, we are aware that there are ER80 occurrences on printers that cannot be solved by following the steps on the support page, and that this is a very frustrating user experience.

We are taking this issue seriously and are investigating it.

Due to the nature of the issue it is hard to say when it can be fixed, but we are committing to making it so ER80 cannot cause print failures.