Where "Limit support retractions" feature gone with 5.3.x ?

V3DPrinting

Posted (edited) · Where "Limit support retractions" feature gone with 5.3.x ?

Hi to all

I am not able to find the "limit support retractions" setting in the 5.3 or 5.3.1 settings.

In 5.1.1, it's under the Travel section. (I don't remember in 5.2 and I haven't it installed anymore)

I have currently an issue with a dual extrusion print (support interface is printed in Breakaway).

To avoid having oozed breakaway in my print, it avoids printed parts, but as there is no retractions, Breakaway oozes and gets into the print.

Previously, turning off the "limit support retractions" features solved that issue.

But it looks like the feature is not anymore there in 5.3.

Thanks for your feedback.

Edited by V3DPrinting

Posted · Where "Limit support retractions" feature gone with 5.3.x ?
    1 minute ago, GregValiant said:

It's gone.  My understanding is that it was causing more problems than it solved.

OK we're on the same page. But that should mean that travel between support structures is behaving as standard travel.

I am pretty sure that there is no retraction when traveling between two support interface structures though it should (tree supports, different interface extruder or same interface extruder)

Even combing set to not in skin for both extruders, the move is done without any retraction, traveling around the printed part and also over printed parts (though it should avoid printed parts)

Travelsbetweensupportinterfacestructures.thumb.png.521a3a9318ffa2de50619c6516766e4f.pngTravelsbetweensupportinfilstructures.thumb.png.444bfd64ac9b35d46f88a94c1382eaea.png

I'm fine with removing the feature and keeping the retraction between supports, but it fear it's not the case at least for tree supports with or without different interface extruder.

No problems with normal supports though.

Capturedecran2023-05-08a18_16_21.thumb.png.34ecd82cdd735451da5c214acf282bff.png

So there's a bug with the tree supports. But the 'limit support retractions' seems to have properly been removed.

Posted · Where "Limit support retractions" feature gone with 5.3.x ?
    1 hour ago, GregValiant said:

You can report it on GitHub.  It won't be the only bug found with tree supports (although they seem to be getting better).

I will !

Thanks for your inputs that helped me find out the issue.