Horizontal lines (features, holes in wall)

EVO88

Posted · Horizontal lines (features, holes in wall)

Hi!
I do have wired horizontal lines in my prints after a platform is printed or a hole is through the perimeters.

I print with 5.3.1 Version from inside out. 

I do have this on different printers, materials and nozzles. 

Voron has this issue

Professional printer do have this issue

Prusa has this issue

Bambu does not have this issues???

I just always hear a blame on "hardware issues" including the filament but nothing about the software...

I did a lot of google research but no one seems to know the real root cause of this and how to fix it?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Hi!
    I would be interessted aswell if you or any of you have a solution
    I have the same problem, even worse on my Ultimaker S3 

Standard AA0.4 Nozzle and in this case Tough PLA White

Best regards 
    Fabio

IMG_0750.JPEG

IMG_0749.JPEG

I think you are getting either over extrusion on layers with the holes or underextrusion everywhere else. 

1) My guess is speed changes.

I would mess around with speed changes.  Maybe lower the speed because it has to slow down for those holes as they have sharp corners.

Or maybe not speed changes. 

2) Maybe it's retraction related as it has to do a retraction to jump across each hole.  Maybe during retraction the filament inside the nozzle heats up a little more and so extrudes a little more? 

Again - lowering speed will help as the temperature of the filament will be more consistent if theory #2 is correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr5 said:

I think you are getting either over extrusion on layers with the holes or underextrusion everywhere else. 

1) My guess is speed changes.

I would mess around with speed changes.  Maybe lower the speed because it has to slow down for those holes as they have sharp corners.

Or maybe not speed changes. 

2) Maybe it's retraction related as it has to do a retraction to jump across each hole.  Maybe during retraction the filament inside the nozzle heats up a little more and so extrudes a little more? 

Again - lowering speed will help as the temperature of the filament will be more consistent if theory #2 is correct.

Thanks

I feel like my speeds are rather slow (see pic.), maybe it's the acc. or jerk aswell
    I'll try messing aroung with the retraction settings.

Screenshot 2023-07-14 143738.jpg