Model Errors Message

regilover

Posted (edited) · Model Errors Message

So, I don't know exactly what the issue is here. I've looked up what the colors mean and everything but I just cant find out what's wrong with the model. I believe it's something in blender that went wrong and if it is I'd truly appreciate some advice on it. Also, as a side note, the model in the pictures is increased by 1000%. Not sure if that contributes to the issue or not, but I figure it's worth mentioning.

ultimaker error 1.png

ultimaker error 2.png

ImageToStl.com_finished regi.stl

Edited by regilover
I forgot to put tags.

Posted · Model Errors Message

When Cura adds the polka-dot pattern to a model it means the model has errors.

image.thumb.png.5f6897ed46e305958521092152cbd785.png

That can happen for a number of reasons.  In this case I think the 37 separate parts that make up the model assembly have gaps between some of the sub-parts, and the main body.  Scaling the model up likely opened up the gaps to the point where Cura can notice them.  The result is that if this does slice it will probably be "iffy" to print.

Here I fixed a copy of the model using MS 3D Builder.  It's pretty obvious which one was repaired.

image.thumb.png.52c86834adeb19627df5bd8b9db497ae.png

This is the repaired model sliced.  The original model sliced after I rotated it on the build plate.  There are bug reports regarding that behavior, but in this instance I think it is a model problem.

image.thumb.png.ece6776cc2df7059efc5ff2533edb65e.png