Lotmaxx Shark V3

Posted · Lotmaxx Shark V3

Hello; I'm new to 3D printing and Cura, I download Cura and when I went to add my Lotmaxx Shark v3 I noticed that there wasn't an option to do so there is only the Lotmaxx Shark no v2 or v3. However when I saw a YouTube video of an earlier version of Cura it showed the Lotmaxx Shark v1 through v3 options and they were able to select that printer. I've attached 2 pictures one of which is a screen snip of the YouTube video running  4.13.1 which has the options and my screenshot of Cura 5.3.1 which has less options.

Is this printer not supported anymore by Cura did I just waste $400?

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

So a few things..

UltiMaker does not produce the profiles for 3rd party printers, they are contributed by the Manufacturer of said printer - or by someone in their users community.

Additionally, the update from 4.x to 5.x rendered the 4.x profiles unusable because the core slicing engine had a near full re-write which added tons of new print settings and features.

I think in your case it's not that UltiMaker Cura no longer supports your printer.
    Its that whomever created the profile didn't bother to update the profile for 5.x - so you don't see it listed.

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

So a few things..

UltiMaker does not produce the profiles for 3rd party printers, they are contributed by the Manufacturer of said printer - or by someone in their users community.

Additionally, the update from 4.x to 5.x rendered the 4.x profiles unusable because the core slicing engine had a near full re-write which added tons of new print settings and features.

I think in your case it's not that UltiMaker Cura no longer supports your printer.
    Its that whomever created the profile didn't bother to update the profile for 5.x - so you don't see it listed.

So does that mean using Cura with the printer isn't possible? TBH I haven't even gotten the printer physically yet it's supposed to arrive Monday; but I wanted to set up Cura and see some designs in the program before I even got the printer. I won't even unbox it I'll just send it right back if that's the case.

You can technically use UltiMaker Cura with almost any 3D Printer. 
    It's just a matter of sorting out the settings. I mean people use UltiMaker Cura to drive Robotic arms printing concrete walls..

With that said this is the UltiMaker Community, your probably better asking your questions to the Lotmaxx community..