Print fan speed & over all speed settings not matching with my printer setting

Posted (edited) · Print fan speed & over all speed settings not matching with my printer setting

hello, I am fairly new to 3d printing and this is frustrating me. I use Ultimaker cura version 5.2.1 and an Ender 3 pro. So the problem I'm facing is when I put 80 percent speed and 80 percent fan on Ultimaker Cura when I put the sd card and try to print it, the speed turns it to 100 percent as well as the fan speed. any help would be appreciated.

Edited by SukiSuki

Posted · Print fan speed & over all speed settings not matching with my printer setting

There are two sides here regarding print speed.  The first side is what you enter into Cura for speed.  If you were to enter 50mm/sec for print speed then the Gcode would show "F"3000mm/minute as the print speed.  The LCD display would show 100%feedrate of the 50mm/sec.  There is no box for a "percentage" of the print speed in Cura.

The second side is what the printer is told to do with the feedrate.  You can manually adjust it on the LCD and all speeds coming into the printer/processor will be adjusted by that percentage.  If you were to put M220 S80 in your startup gcode it would do the same thing as a manual adjustment and the LCD would show 80% feedrate.  Every "F" parameter that comes into the printer would be adjusted to 80%.  Your print speed would be 40mm/sec and your travel speeds would be 80% of whatever ended up in the gcode.  Cura calculates the speeds...the printer feedrate% is a global adjustment of those calculated values.

The Fan Speed% should build from whatever you start at up to "Regular Fan Speed" at layer "Regular Fan Speed at Layer".  If a layer time is below "Regular Maximum Fan Speed Threshold" then the fan speed will go to "Maximum Fan Speed".

Your fan icon on the LCD will show the current fan speed (as a % of duty cycle).  If it says 100% then yes, the fan is spinning at 100%.  As to why it's at 100%, now you have to go looking at the settings and at the gcode.