Second Extruder Not Heating Up

mhubert

Posted · Second Extruder Not Heating Up

Hello,

I am currently trying to reset a printer that I inherited from previous owners. I tried to get the printer started by performing an XY calibration. The PLA tough filament in the first extruder came out perfectly, but then I noticed that the PVA material in the second extruder was not coming out smoothly. It started printing very unevenly, then before even getting halfway through the print, nothing was coming out of the extruder. I tried to clean the head with the Ultimaker cleaning filament, and the filament would get stuck in the extruder during the cold pull, so much so that I had to head up the extruder to get the cleaning filament out of the machine. I tried to replace the BB extruder and with a CC extruder and clean that, but I had the same issue, the filament would get stuck in the extruder. I am not having these issues with the first AA extruder, so I am concerned that this is an issue with the machine and not the respective extruders. After trying to clean out the extruder multiple times, and multiple attempts at calibrating the printer, I am not getting any filament to come out of the second extruder with any type of tip. If there are any solutions to this problem, which I believe might be a heating issue please let me know any possibles solutions or techniques to determine exactly what the problem is.

Thank you

Posted · Second Extruder Not Heating Up

You should only print PVA with the BB cores.

The jamming your describing sounds like your PVA is wet and needs to be dried. 
    The material station will help keep a PVA spool dry.. but if the pva is already saturated.. it wont generally be able to dry it.