When print core 2 is extruding, print core 1 is also extruding(Ultimaker S5)

kjmsnpi

Posted · When print core 2 is extruding, print core 1 is also extruding(Ultimaker S5)

Hi,

I'm strugglig with 3Dprint with Ultimaker S5.

When print core 2 is extruding, pla fillament is also extruded from print core 1.

Here is my settings for Ultimaker S5

・print core 1 AA0.4

・print core 2 BB0.8

・fillament 1 PLA magenta

・fillament 2 PVA

I'm newbee on this forum.

Please let me know if there is any necessary information that is missing.

Best reards,

Shimpei

Posted · When print core 2 is extruding, print core 1 is also extruding(Ultimaker S5)

Are they both extruding a similar amount or is print core 1 just leaking a very tiny amount?  It's normal for the inactive print core to leak about 3mm of filament until it cools enough to stop.

Maybe a better question: if you look on the back, are both feeders rotating?  Or only just the one that is supposed to be?

Thanks for your reply gr5.

Not very tiny, fillament which core 2 extrudes leaks about 20cm or more.

It seems that feeder1 was rotating when core2 is extruding. 

But I'm not sure,I have to check it.

20cm!!  wow.  This is very unusual and very strange.  I don't think it's possible that the problem is in cura because cura I believe sends T0 to switch to the first extruder and T1 to switch to the second and I don't think there are any possible gcodes that would move both extruders at the same time. 

The "E" gcode moves the extruder and some printers allow "F" to move the second extruder but I think the S5 doesn't support that and instead you should only be able to move one at a time.  

And I can't think of a hardware failure that would do this either.

So that leaves a firmware issue in the servo controller board.  If you upgrade the firmware on the S5 it will also upgrade the firmware on the servo controller.

In any case, it seems like a good idea to update S5.
    Thank you for your advice.
    I will reply back to you even if the problem remains even if it works well after the update.