Clicking Extruder

Bellboy73

Posted (edited) · Clicking Extruder
7 hours ago, Bellboy73 said:

You tell me???

Unfortunately, I can't. I know nothing about what printer you use. It sounds like Cura 5.4 may be using a different speed or acceleration for your feeder, but I don't know why or if this is indeed the issue. I need more information.

Perhaps you could prepare a simple gcode file created with Cura 5.3 and the same file created with Cura 5.4. Then we can see the difference in the gcode files.

Edited by ahoeben

Posted · Clicking Extruder

A clicking extruder is often a sign of your feeder being unable to push the filament through fast enough. The clicking is the motor missing steps.

So it could be that some of the behavior of Cura changed that caused it. But as ahoeben mentioned, we will need a bit more info before we can say anything more concrete.

I have eliminated everything I could, the extruder is new, replaced the bowden tube, I even changed the hot end.  The clicking stops when I go back to a previous version of Cura.  Everything works flawlessly.

It's an Anycubic Yyper, Swiss Micro extruder, all new everything.  I don't know.  I'm 71 yrs old, doing the best I can.  Thanks for all the feedback.  I really appreciate it.

11 hours ago, ahoeben said:

Perhaps you could prepare a simple gcode file created with Cura 5.3 and the same file created with Cura 5.4. Then we can see the difference in the gcode files.

I also noted extruder extra movement with installation of 4.5.0 stable install,

Needed to adjust several settings pertaining to size including Initial layer horizontal expansion, hole horizontal expansion, horizontal expansion, and also lowered various extruder flow parameters. But the print speed and quality has improved after making changes.

this may have something to do with material density, in my case the listing of old model for Esun black PETG was 1.23 new listing is 1.24 g/cm2, other material setting may have also been changed.

my extracted Samples show table center shifted, and these were computed on two separate computers, newer  on win10 and older on win7, with settings as close to same as possible, but may not be apples to apples however the by doing the math the increase in extrusion is evident.

Cura 5.4.0

;TYPE:WALL-OUTER

G1 F1800 X124.8 Y115.2 E11.8283

G1 X115.2 Y115.2 E12.08374

G1 X115.2 Y124.8 E12.33917

G1 X124.8 Y124.8 E12.59461

Cura 4.12.1

;TYPE:WALL-OUTER

G1 F1200 X114.798 Y114.798 E10.22926

G1 X105.202 Y114.798 E10.48714

G1 X105.202 Y105.202 E10.74503

G1 X114.798 Y105.202 E11.00291

Hope this helps narrow down something that may have been overlooked.