Basic - How to select various filaments for different models on same print

MissGeneralIdea

Posted (edited) · Basic - How to select various filaments for different models on same print

Hi,

For some reason I am a bit confused with the steps of selecting various filament for different objects on the same bed. Lets say I have two stl' files on the build plate and I want #1 to be printed with extruder 1 material and #2 file to print with extruder 2 material. What are the correct steps? Do you right click and select the extruder material? I'm struggling because the per model setting don't seem to work correctly. I have not created new profiles I am using the Ultimaker material profiles in the settings tab.

Thanks!

Edited by MissGeneralIdea

Posted · Basic - How to select various filaments for different models on same print

First make sure that your extruder materials are correctly set on the top of the screen:

image.thumb.png.d7fde5fc5f52bcf30bdcb33032ada139.png

Next, right-click each object and select the extruder you want to use for each of them. 

image.png.69e6323d4c46b1b6296c6457b7f142dd.png

image.png

Posted · Basic - How to select various filaments for different models on same print

Hi, Thanks for the response. I've been doing that but it kinda stopped worked. Maybe my profile settings are set up incorrectly? I can see it's selected but when see the outcome after I slice using the slider on the right, it doesn't show that it is the second filament.

Bizarre.

That might depend on your color scheme settings in the Preview tab?

Maybe try enabling or disabling one of both extruders, or setting the color scheme to "Material color".

image.png.a533027ba89c5692b1c4137f5fc1f505.png

Thanks for your help.

\

Both are enabled based on the image you sent. I tried printing with PVA and PLA and the results was printed only with PLA. I'll have to explore what I am doing wrong. I have a feeling it's the profiles.

image.thumb.png.867da20b8170568d3c28a20ed5c7d446.png

Posted (edited) · Basic - How to select various filaments for different models on same print

Can you post your project file? (File -> Save Project)

Edited by alfonsvh

Thanks; however your file doesn't seem to contain the model ? 

4 trouble -eiffel-tower-miniworld3d.3mf

Hopefully this works.

Now there's just the one model on the print bed. When I slice it in Cura 5.4.0, The model is printed using PLA, and the supports are printed using PVA.

Tower: image.thumb.png.dd81b78e3c313fd4e9e9672d0bb92b75.png

Supports: 

image.thumb.png.66423d97d4f7aed003c8ca702b84befa.png

So I'm still not sure what the problem is or what you're trying to achieve exactly?  (you mention "different objects on the same bed" but there's only one)

It's not the file I was working on but I think I will try some tests today and see how it works out. Thanks for your help.