HELP: My Ender 3 is underextruding on small parts of the part.

gorvor

Posted · HELP: My Ender 3 is underextruding on small parts of the part.

Yea I've tried 2 usb cables and they both don't work. The printer is on and cura is not running. 

should i try to update the firmware

Firmware, can either be easy or a big pain in my experience. 

Just leave it for the time being, unless you want to take on that endeavor. 

hmm... Im honestly not sure how to get it running. 

You can probably skip it for now. Its most likely okay, assuming everything was factory calibrated. 

If it were me, Id probably raise the z offset height first. Test. clean the nozzle. test. Then try a different brand of pla. test. then replace the nozzle with a better one if its still not working. 

I can see some scratch marks on your bed from where the nozzle scraped across it from being too low. I could be that you maybe misshaped the tip of it, and the extrusion isnt coming out smoothly. Or because its clogged or both. 

heres a great replacement nozzle, but double check it can fit your stock printer/hot end before ordering. Not sure if it can. 

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-E3D-Extra-Nozzle-V6-NOZZLE-175-400/dp/B00NAK9TWM

not saying this will work for sure but heres my ender 3 profile. 

print profiles should be created for each printer individually, but its something you can try and see if it helps. If you want a .12 layer height instead of .16, just reduce the height in the "quality tab"

DYNAMIC .16.curaprofile

alright thank you i'll try this stuff out

Best of luck, 

also my profile is for cura version 4.13 not the new 5 as some parameters have changed on the new one

UPDATE: I got it to connet!

yo, sorry ive been really busy, (first week of classes)

glad to hear you got it to connect, hows the progress going? any new updates?

Yes I got it connected and I have added a direct drive setup and furiously de clogged it, still some issues with underextrusion though.

Good News!!!, Thank you so much for helping with this!

IMG_0831.JPG

The underextrusion might be caused by overextrusion leading to clogging leading to temporary underextrusion.

Hey! im glad you were able to get this solved, your last statement is probably correct.

i just clogged my printer this past weekend in a similar manner.

Maybe try calibrating the flow, after you get the E-steps cornered.

Hey I just realized that I had been de-clogging wrong, I would do a cold pull at 80 degrees, but there would still be filament in the nozzle. I removed the nozzle and took some pliers and pulled out the filament from the inside and that got some stuff out. De-clogging properly helped bigtime, that clog has probably been in there for ever.