adding infill option

thebirdman

Posted · adding infill option
Would like to add the infill setting too per model settings (box 3) so I don't have to select each time I need to use it which is several times per model. Has anyone found where to do?
pic of the area concerned
TY in advance

111.jpg

There is a button there "Select Settings".

Pay close attention to the Preview.  When using a support blocker configured either as a Cutting Mesh or an Infill Mesh there can be side effects.

image.thumb.png.77467ea882d2c7aea13c3b4d13fc2c5a.png

This is with an Infill Mesh with no walls, no top/bottom and gyroid infill at 25% while the rest of the model is Grid at 10%.

image.thumb.png.0bc1c141bc6ccdb305f49e2f1f8ea6fb.png

Hi, yes I know the select settings is there and how to select, but is a PITA to have to do it several times on the part, was curious if there is a way to have it there permently so i do not have to?

I would also like to have the option to select the blockers shape, but don't see that is possible

tkx again for the reply

52 minutes ago, thebirdman said:

I would also like to have the option to select the blockers shape, but don't see that is possible

There are plugins in marketplace for different shapes. Or you can model your own and bring them in to use a a blocker.

UMplugin.png

The author of those plugins is 5Axes and he is on this forum as @Cuq.  Maybe he could explain if it's possible to change the default settings of blocks.

I also feel that not having the Infill Density as a default is annoying.  The Cutting Mesh has no default settings at all and it would be nice if Wall Count, Tops, Bottoms, and Infill Density were added as defaults.

Posted (edited) · adding infill option

I don't think it's possible to do that with the standard functions of Cura. But you can use Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V  to copy  the Modifier. One issue the new instance is not linked with the Model so if you move the model the Modifer doesn't move.

Via a plugin it would be possible, but the number of user would be limited on my point of view and as I don't use this function so many times this is not the think I will works on.

For the previous release they where a plugin : SmartSlice ( Not free) which was supposed to calculate and define automaticaly different infill to enforce the strength of the part. But not sure it have been a lot of success in a opensource/free world. Anyway it doesn't seems to be still available.

Edited by Cuq

Posted (edited) · adding infill option

Tkx all for the replies, I do like the idea of different blocker shapes so will design a few and save them as a model and import when needed and give that a go.

As for a work around have just been creating one blocker, adjust the infill, than multiply that for the number i need and just put them in place.

Update, did load the custom support eraser and love the cylinder option, will do what i need tkx...

I will just multiply the needed amount after I adjust 1 🙂

Edited by thebirdman