problem with dimensions when printing x-axis and y-axis

NomNomAdamm

Posted · problem with dimensions when printing x-axis and y-axis

I have an Artillery Hornet printer and I noticed that when printing 20x20x20mm cubes, 18x18x20mm were printed. I looked on the Internet for what could be the cause, but nothing I found gave any results. It is cumbersome to scale all projects and it is pointless. Does anyone have an idea what could be the cause and how to fix it. I am very grateful for every answer.

If you could provide a .3mf file (File > Save Project in Cura), that'd be awesome, and the gcode file would be especially awesome (@GregValiant loves those things).

I can't think of anything off the top of my head, other than just to make sure the scale is set to the same on all axes for the model in Cura. I did have a problem where I got stuff squished on the Z-axis, but that was because the wheels on the gantry were on too tight. If there's belts or whatever moving your platform/extruder around, make sure they're at the correct tension.

10% is a lot.

There is a new scaling setting in the Material Settings in Cura "Scaling Factor Shrinkage Compensation" and it is broken down into "Horizontal" which is the XY and "Vertical" which would affect the Z.  Make sure that all are set to 100%.

The only alternative would be to adjust the X and Y steps/mm.  That pretty much never needs to be done.

You would need to know the current steps and adjust them by 10% and experiment to dial it in.  It's similar to calibrating the E-steps.