Memory Leak Cura 5.4

hayespa

Posted (edited) · Memory Leak Cura 5.4

5.4.0 has a significant memory leak that should be addressed. Memory usage on the application when sitting idle will continue to climb eventually reaching a point where the application becomes unresponsive (and possibly other running processes on the pc as well) and require killing the process to resolve. 

Windows 10

Edited by hayespa

Posted · Memory Leak Cura 5.4
    7 minutes ago, hayespa said:

5.4.0 has a significant memory leak that should be addressed. Memory usage on the application when sitting idle will continue to climb eventually reaching a point where the application becomes unresponsive (and possibly other running processes on the pc as well) and require killing the process to resolve. 

Windows 10

I'm glad you mentioned this.

Recently if I use Cura all day on my Windows 10 laptop, I'll eventually get some serious stutters or a crash stating OpenGL has failed.  I try to make sure the bigger resource hogs, like Chrome or other browsers are not running while I am trying to do large print slices.

Also, I do not understand why Skirt Height was changed to two?  If you can't remove skirt layers at one layer, you're a bit of a dope 😀

• Like 1

Posted · Memory Leak Cura 5.4

Hey @hayespa,

Welcome to the UltiMaker Community 🎉

I split your issue from the thread because it needs more attention. 

The only Memory Leak that's know to us is https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/11608

To learn better about what's slowing your software down, could you install a plug-in that performs more extensive logging? 

You can download it here: https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/plugins/UltimakerPackages/ExtensiveSupportLogging

After it's installed can you.... 

1. Select Extensions
    2. Select Remote Support
    3. Start CPU profiler
    4. Repeat your steps to reproduce. 
    5. Stop CPU profiler
    6. Select Save Remote Support Archive
    7. Go to the Marketplace
    8. Select the gear icon 
    9. Uninstall Startup Optimiser
    10. Share the Remote Support Archive Zip file here in the community.