How to remove this stick?

Naxik

Posted · How to remove this stick?

Really hard to see what's going on based solely on that screenshot. If you could upload your .3mf Cura project file (File > Save Project) it would give us a lot more to go on.

Are you looking at a gcode file though, not a Cura project or model imported into Cura? A lot of printer profiles in Cura make the printer do what's affectionately known as a "nose wipe", where it'll run up and down the side of the bed right before it starts printing, to get the filament flowing and get any clogs (which might have come from filament still in there when it cooled from your last print) out. If you're looking at a gcode file, it could be that, in which case it's completely normal and absolutely nothing you should worry about.

23 minutes ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

Really hard to see what's going on based solely on that screenshot. If you could upload your .3mf Cura project file (File > Save Project) it would give us a lot more to go on.

Are you looking at a gcode file though, not a Cura project or model imported into Cura? A lot of printer profiles in Cura make the printer do what's affectionately known as a "nose wipe", where it'll run up and down the side of the bed right before it starts printing, to get the filament flowing and get any clogs (which might have come from filament still in there when it cooled from your last print) out. If you're looking at a gcode file, it could be that, in which case it's completely normal and absolutely nothing you should worry about.

But after that "nose wipe" nozzle goes up and start printing in the air

As I said, really hard to tell based on your screenshot. If you can provide the gcode or the Cura project file (preferably both), that gives us something we can start to look into.

Firstly though, did you make sure your model was actually on the bed when you sliced it? In the prepare section, select your model, then click the move icon in the left sidebar (the four arrows) and make sure "Drop Down Model" is turned on.

The "Stick" is in the in Flying Bear StartUp Gcode.  You can edit it in Cura in the "Manage Printers" "Machine Settings" dialog.  The 5 lines I've marked in bold type are doing that purge line.  You can put a semi-colon in front of each of them to disable that.

M220 S100 ;reset feedrate

M221 S100 ;reset flowrate

G90 ;use absolute coordinates

M82 ;absolute extrusion mode

G28 ;home

G1 Z2 F1500 ;raise z

G92 E0 ;reset extruder

G1 X75 Y5 F5000 ;start position

G1 Z0.28 F1500 ;lower z

G1 E4 F500 ;prime the filament

G1 X180 E10 F500 ;1st line

G1 Y5.4 F5000

G1 X75 E20 F500 ;2nd line

G1 Z2 F1500 ;raise z

G92 E0 ;reset extruder

5 hours ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

As I said, really hard to tell based on your screenshot. If you can provide the gcode or the Cura project file (preferably both), that gives us something we can start to look into.

Firstly though, did you make sure your model was actually on the bed when you sliced it? In the prepare section, select your model, then click the move icon in the left sidebar (the four arrows) and make sure "Drop Down Model" is turned on.

FBG5_xyzHollowCalibrationCube.gcode

That gcode looks mostly alright to me (although I've personally never seen anyone start their bed that 120° and then keep it running at 105° after the first layer, but I don't have a lot of experience with different materials).

I am noticing though - your first layer is lower than your layer height. In the print settings in Cura, go to Quality > Initial Layer Height. That number should usually be at least as high as the Layer Height (I run mine a little thicker personally, but that's not a right/wrong thing, just a personal choice).

That certainly wouldn't explain the printer trying to print in the air after wiping its nose. It's doing the following height changes in the gcode:

1. At the start, it's homing the print head, which makes the machine move it to its default position. Sometimes that is resting on the bed, sometimes it isn't, but it doesn't move until...
    2. The head moves up to 1mm as it travels to the side to wipe its nose so that it doesn't scrape the bed along the way.
    3. The head moves down to 0.28mm and does the nose wipe lines.
    4. The head moves up to 2mm so that it's ready to travel to the start position, but doesn't actually try to print anything at that height.
    5. The head moves down to 0.2mm as it travels to where it starts doing the first layer, and keeps printing at that height.
    6. After the first layer, the head moves up to 0.52mm (initial layer height + layer height) so that it can begin printing the next layer.
    7. After the second layer, the head moves up to 0.84mm (initial layer height + (layer height * 2)) so that it can begin printing the next layer.
    8. Repeat that until the last layer, which is printed with it at 20.04mm (0.2 + (0.32 * 62)), the initial layer height plus the height of all the other layers until then, the correct height.
    9. After the last layer it moves the head out of the way of the model and moves it down to 0.2mm - the comment says "wipe", which I think is sort of weird, because it doesn't actually print anything after that.
    10. It raises the head up to 5mm which is its final resting position.

So the gcode is 100% fine. The nose wipes itself as normal, then it moves to height of the first layer (which you should probably change in the print settings to be at least as high as every other layer) and prints, changing height normally. If it tries to print in the air, the problem is with the printer - make sure your bed is properly levelled and you have the Z offset set correctly. If you do both of those and it still has problems, the odds are good it's a software/hardware problem with the printer.