How to customize slice result file name?

Erik84750

Posted · How to customize slice result file name?

The prefix is normally derived from the printer type (Anycubic Vyper in your case, I guess).

There are a couple of plugins in the Marketplace that let you customize the prefix and the rest of the printjob name. As the creator of the Printjob Naming plugin, I am partial to that one: https://marketplace.ultimaker.com/app/cura/plugins/fieldofview/CustomJobPrefix

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · How to customize slice result file name?

Thank you for that helpful information!

I downloaded and added this plugin to Cura.

However, being totally novice, what do I do now to use this plugin?

Erik

EDIT: let me guess... open Cura, search for the plugin ('printjob'), select "install" button and restart.

Plugin available under tab "Extensions", select "Custom Printjob Naming".

Right?

Edited by Erik84750
clarification

Posted · How to customize slice result file name?
    7 hours ago, Erik84750 said:

Plugin available under tab "Extensions", select "Custom Printjob Naming".

Right?

Something much like that. The easiest way is always the easiest to miss. Just that hovering your mouse over "Custom Printjob Naming" will open a submenu where you have to click "Set Name Options".

Also, free computer tip: As I'm constantly explaining to my technophobic mother, her computer doesn't hold the nuclear launch codes. If you can't find something, don't be afraid to look around. Unless you're looking around your system control panel and accidentally click "format", the odds you can do any serious harm are pretty low.