What's a good G code for a ultimaker 3 extended?

krowbar69

Posted · What's a good G code for a ultimaker 3 extended?

Hi,

if you're using Cura, just stick to the official printer settings of the UM3(E), as they are from Ultimaker (and I guess they know what they're doing).

The standard G-code setting for the UM3 is Griffin, and I never used something different.

Regards

Ok... thanks for getting back to me, and yes that's the only one i can get to work on it.I just bought this printer and very new at 3-d printing.

I'm having problems with the quility of the prints are terrible.... wondering if i should to a factory reset... what do you think?? 

Well, a factory reset solves a lot of issues, but also requires total calibration from scratch.

I think, first thing is consulting the user manual. If you don't have one, it can be found here:

https://support.ultimaker.com/s/article/1667337567558

If the printer was in poor condition (as you mentioned in your other post?), you should do general maintenance first (cleaning the printer, check and tighten the screws of the printer's frame (not part of the maintenance procedure, but definitely worth it), check the axle play and alignment, cleaning the printcores, lubricating the axles and Z-screw etc.) If your problems are hardware-based, this should solve them and you don't need to factory reset (which only resets the software of your printer).

And one realy good step (that you've already gone) is using the forum. Ask your questions, the more specific and detailled they are, the sooner you'll get response.

Regards

• Like 1