safed project change

Mssl
Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

• Solution
Posted (edited) · safed project change

Sorry for not replying, I understood that, it's just... I was pretty stumped.

• I was able to successfully recreate your problem after moving things back into place and saving as a new file, then loading it again.
  • I also thought it may be the big object in the centre for some reason, but I deleted that and positioned everything else properly and saved as a new file and same problem.
  • Just to confirm I wasn't crazy, I made my own file like yours and it worked fine.

But...

I think I figured out the problem. Somehow - and I have no idea how - the transform origins (that's where the model says it is) seem to have gotten messed up. Cura is placing the transform origins of the model in the correct place, but where the models actually are has moved away from their transform origins.

Better...

I think I figured out how to fix it. For this you'll need the Mesh Tools plugin from the ever awesome @ahoeben (forgot how to spell your username earlier - sorry). Anyway,

1. Install the plugin, and restart Cura
  2. Load your file and move everything back into position
  3. Select all the objects (you can do this from the object list in the bottom left, just click the one at the top, hold shift and click the one at the bottom)
  4. Right click anywhere in the 3D view and select Mesh Tools > Reset origin to center of mesh

That should fix it. It did for me. I saved as a different file, reloaded that and everything loaded in the right place.

Edited by Slashee_the_Cow
Properly credit ahoeben
  • Like 1

Posted · safed project change

thnx it works,