Print Settings

Pridanc
Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

Posted · Print Settings

Hey everyone. Just had a computer melt down. All hard drives are good so I can read them just fine connected to another computer.

What I'd like to find are all the Print Settings Profiles I'd created (with everyone's help) but not sure in what file I should look.

Clearly, with the old computer up and running, open Cura and all the choices were in CURA under print setting Profiles.   I know they are on the hard drive, I just need a point in the right direction.

All the best and Thanks in advance.  PDC

Posted · Print Settings

As usual, so many thanks. 

Can I put them back into the same area of CURA on the "new" computer?

I'll try and see. If the answer is Yes, no need to respond. If No, I'm all ears.

Otherwise, too, lets consider this closed. You so rock.  PDC 

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Print Settings

Slash,

Although I've been working away just fine after having found and moved the files we discussed above, just because it bugs me I decided to reach out and see if you have words of wisdom for this.

Please note that I copied all the files I had from the old Hard drives (from the failed computer) into the folders as you indicated for both CURA 5.4 and 5.5.  I have both at hand just in case. 5.4 has been great so if 5.5 stumbled for any reason before I could get with y'all as to why, I could always open 5.4 and keep right on.

• Since then, when I open 5.4,  it opens 100% as it always did. 
    • However, when I open 5.5  I get this note. (attached image)

So far I've ignored it without issue but it bugs me so thought I'd ask if you had any thoughts? And I'm loath (too lazy) to do a reset as then I'll have to copy the files from 5.4 and paste them in. I know, sounds pathetic but I'm not sure that anything will change if I do that. IE, this same warning will probably come right back up.

No matter what, thanks upfront. 

Sincerely ,

PDC

Config Errors.png

Posted (edited) · Print Settings

It looks like it might just be a quality preset is corrupted. Which might mean if you copy & paste from 5.4, it'll happen again :). Go into %APPDATA%\cura\5.5\quality_changes and delete any files related to pc's_standard_q_.2mm__pla - looks like there's probably one for the extruder and the machine (the # and ' symbols in the name might have been replaced by escape characters like %23 but it shouldn't be hard at all to find the right ones).

Feel free to copy the files and move them to a different folder beforehand so you can just open them in notepad and copy the settings over manually to a new profile.

Edited by Slashee_the_Cow

Posted (edited) · Print Settings

Truth be told I'm not sure what you are saying here.

However, now that I know a bit more about this printing process, I may start ditching some of my profiles as they were made from fear. IE, not knowing how I got there but "just in case" the print came out nice, I wanted to keep that profile setting. 

Now I save .3mf  files and can always open one of those again not to mention the HTML files I keep as well.

This way, I'll  have fewer choices in the profile category which might be simpler!?

If I read the latest CURA info correctly, folks will be able to start adding to CURA to help it stay up with some of the others on the market. Fingers crossed as I am now comfortable with CURA and don't really want to find another...to learn.

Stay well,

PC

Edited by Pridanc
    better words last paragraph

Posted · Print Settings

Sorry, I suck at explaining things. In Cura, go to Help > Show Configuration Folder. In that folder is one called quality_changes, go into that folder. Here it is on my computer (as well as my own, I have some that have been imported when opening other peoples' files for testing):

image.thumb.png.c5db83767be02ae552bb772cb2362fad.png

Now say my error message included the line creality_ender3v3se_slashee_teensy_dots as corrupted. The key phrase I get from that is teensy_dots. So now I just have to look at the filenames and see if any of them say teensy_dots. And some do!

image.thumb.png.d225f1a8f721a449859c797c84f4bb4a.png

So now I just need to delete those and I don't get the corrupt profile warning any more!

In your case I'd be looking for any filename with standard_q_.2mm_pla in it and delete those.