Longer LK5 hotend and bed turn off at start of print

Go to solution Solved by GregValiant,

Posted · Longer LK5 hotend and bed turn off at start of print

hi this may have been solved before and i am just blind, but at  the start of my prints, the bed and hot end heat up to the right temp, and then the temp sets to 0 and the timer starts while it does nothing. i am using Cura on my Longer LK5 Pro. the firmware was just recently updated and i am printing via USB. here is also the current settings, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-11-24 175214.png

That's the basic boilerplate StartUp Gcode.  There isn't anything in there that would cause a problem.  Cura adds a prepend before that section in the gcode and the prepend has the starting temperature commands in it.

Printing over the USB can be very glitchy.  Try printing from the SD card and see if the problem occurs that way as well.

You can open the Gcode file in any text editor and search for M104 and M109.  You may find an M104 at the end of Layer:0 and it will be M104 S200 (or whatever your print temperature is).  You can also search for M140 but I'm sure the only one will be at the end of the file in your Ending Gcode.

This problem has happened with other printers but I can't remember if they were Longers or another brand.  A search of the forum might bring up posts about the problem.  You could zip and post the gcode here but the problem is likely with the printer.

37 minutes ago, GregValiant said:

That's the basic boilerplate StartUp Gcode.  There isn't anything in there that would cause a problem.  Cura adds a prepend before that section in the gcode and the prepend has the starting temperature commands in it.

Printing over the USB can be very glitchy.  Try printing from the SD card and see if the problem occurs that way as well.

You can open the Gcode file in any text editor and search for M104 and M109.  You may find an M104 at the end of Layer:0 and it will be M104 S200 (or whatever your print temperature is).  You can also search for M140 but I'm sure the only one will be at the end of the file in your Ending Gcode.

This problem has happened with other printers but I can't remember if they were Longers or another brand.  A search of the forum might bring up posts about the problem.  You could zip and post the gcode here but the problem is likely with the printer.

after layer 0 at the actual start it just says this

;LAYER_COUNT:160
    ;LAYER:0
    M107
    ;MESH:3DBenchy.stl
    G0 F7500 X127.771 Y151.43 Z0.2

is it that i just need to type in M104 S200 and M190 S60 after to fix it?

i have not used the printer in a while cause i had an issue that broke the hotend and had to replace it, but didn't have the time to till recently. so i don't think/hope it's not a motherboard issue. but was just trying to print a basic benchy to test it after about a year of not being used.

boat.zip

• Solution

This is the "UltiMaker" forum and that Gcode was not created with UltiMaker Cura.

That being said, there are no commands in the gcode that would shut off the hot end or bed prior to the gcode ending and that gcode should print just fine.

The printer should do nothing without being told.  At the beginning of the Gcode it is told to heat the hot end and bed (the M109 and M190 lines do that).  Then at the very end of the gcode it is told to turn off the hot end and bed (M104 S0 and M140 S0).  There are no commands in between that affect the temperatures.

Sorry, but this seems to be a problem with the printer.  You haven't used it in a while so open up the mainboard housing and check all the connections.

An UlitMaker Cura file starts like this:

;FLAVOR:Marlin
    ;TIME:26477
    ;Filament used: 51.777m
    ;Layer height: 0.2
    ;MINX:1.32
    ;MINY:1.422
    ;MINZ:0.2
    ;MAXX:227.279
    ;MAXY:228.578
    ;MAXZ:7.6
    ;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 5.5.0