Max Volumetric Flow Rate

canada011

Posted · Max Volumetric Flow Rate

Hi,

Really need help... I must find a way to limit the Max Volumetric Flow rate as I am using variable layer thickness:  Thin layers speed should be maxed by my max speed settings while the thicker layer speed should be maxed out by max Volumetric (to avoid extruder missing step due to pressure)... Look at the picture you will see how big the flow variance currently is...

I know there is a Max Volumetric Speed since many years in PrusaSlicer but I cant find it in my Cura... I see a few post of people talking about this being a new feature in Cura but everyone seems to say they dont find it... Anyone has a solution?

FLow.jpg

Posted · Max Volumetric Flow Rate

You could have a look at Speed > Flow Equalization Ratio. That changes the ratio of how much it will use flow amount/print head speed to control things like the width of lines (0% will make it change change the flow rate only to compensate, 100% will make it change the print head speed to keep flow constant).

You could also use startup gcode or create a modified definition file for printer to control the maximum flow rate. If you add

M203 E20

to the end of your startup gcode, that will limit the feed rate of the extruder to 20mm/s (which you can then use to calculate the volume rate based on the size of your filament, although in your case, you might want to do those maths backwards to go from volume to linear speed).