Problem with slicing

vwharr1s

Posted · Problem with slicing

I’ve been using cura for the past 4-5 years and it’s been very effective. Recently I had some issues with my Mac and had it reformatted ! ! Unfortunately I forgot about cura and all its settings and when I downloaded the newest version of cura I ran into some problems. 
I had saved screen shots of my old settings in cura 4 .1 and put most of these into the latest edition but I’ve been having this issue and can’t seem to find out why. Hopefully you’ll be able to help 👍🏻👍🏻

I’ve sliced and printed this part dozens of times and had no issues but when I slice it in cura now it’s not as the model in fusion see attached pictures 

its missing the small gap at the bottom of the model and I don’t understand why. 
it’s very frustrating  I’ve reached out to a few forums and social media groups but nothing that has been suggested has worked so I’m really hoping that somebody here can help. 
please se attached pictures IMG_2286.thumb.png.38851e29805356a0ba155f4a75502d65.pngIMG_2287.thumb.png.eff734fbcd4fdb77aebdb5e3d54a7204.png

4 hours ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

Awww, I had this one come up a while ago and I can't remember how I fixed it.

Just made a quick test, try turning on Walls > Print Thin Walls to start.

I should have said this was one of the suggestions s made on another group and it didn’t help ? ? 

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

If the last version of UltiMaker Cura you used was 4.x - Things have changed a lot for you.

I would recommend reading about the (too many to list here) changes on the knowledge base.
    See: https://support.ultimaker.com/s/topic/0TO5b000000Q4xhGAC/cura-5

I’ll have a look  it’s a bit annoying as I had great results with the older version and now I’m back to basics 🤦🏼😂👍🏻

16 hours ago, Cuq said:

If you want some solution you should share your Cura project.

I can do but didn’t know I could how do I share it ? ? 

Save your Project as a 3MF cura file and drag and drop in the bottom drag area of your post on this forum . 

image.thumb.png.1cb23ebfc2475f28ce829f561cc469ea.png

4 hours ago, Cuq said:

Save your Project as a 3MF cura file and drag and drop in the bottom drag area of your post on this forum . 

Thanks I’ll take a look later when I’m back on the computer 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

8 hours ago, Cuq said:

ok so i think I've managed to share the project here 

Posted (edited) · Problem with slicing

It's not a cura Project 😤... Just a 3MF geometry file format. As there are no settings, we cannot analyse this issue. With a normal configuration the result is correct.  

image.thumb.png.2468a746c3f136661820ab102f39a9de.png

Could be an issue with "Print Thin Walls

Print Thin Walls : ON

image.thumb.png.88cef1efe3a610f2898aaa3aa4b39ca2.png

Print Thin Walls : OFF 

image.thumb.png.ef00e928db0faa599bc753d0c10b52ef.png

Note Groove width = 0.186 mm  so Minimum Feature Size must be at a maximum of 0.18 mm

image.png.db37538bb7e113788be78c5e134c93d1.png

Edited by Cuq

19 hours ago, Cuq said:

It's not a cura Project 😤... Just a 3MF geometry file format. As there are no settings, we cannot analyse this issue. With a normal configuration the result is correct.  

Note Groove width = 0.186 mm  so Minimum Feature Size must be at a maximum of 0.18 mm

Apologies Ive not had to do this before so im unfamiliar with how to save as a project if you can advise me on how to I will thank you for all your help it’s much appreciated. I thought I had tried the print thin walls I’ll take another look and see probably just me and user error 😂😂 I’ve kept using an older version as it was working perfectly and avoided updating to the latest version for this very reason 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼 hopefully we will be able to sort it so I can get printing again thanks 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Set Cura up the way you want and then use the "File | Save Project" command to generate a "special" 3mf file that has the model, your printer, and all the settings in it.  Post that file here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GregValiant said:

Set Cura up the way you want and then use the "File | Save Project" command to generate a "special" 3mf file that has the model, your printer, and all the settings in it.  Post that file here.

I’ll try that out later thanks 🙏🏻 

On 1/4/2024 at 10:07 PM, Cuq said:

image.thumb.jpg.fc9d62470748c02bd56c21031e2c9b16.jpg

thanks for all the help guys this has resolved the issue I had now on to getting the print quality I had before. 
    so I might be back with more questions 

thanks again 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻😂👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻🥰

On 1/5/2024 at 5:47 PM, GregValiant said:

Not sure why but when I go to file and save project it  doesn’t give me the option to generate a special file. 
    im using it on a Mac not sure if its different ? ? ?  

1 hour ago, vwharr1s said:

Not sure why but when I go to file and save project it  doesn’t give me the option to generate a special file. 
    im using it on a Mac not sure if its different ? ? ?  

It doesn't give you an option. It just saves it like that.

• Like 1