Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
jim68

Latest Marlin Build

Hey Folks new to Ultimaker but not 3d printers and I'm hoping someone could steer me in the right direction here.

I'm trying to find out what the latest build is I see both Build 2 and Build 3 in RepG's firmware upload. However these both seem to be made by different people. So I'm wondering what people have loaded on there machines, and what do the folks at Ultimaker recommend?

Also I had one more question regarding the Build 3. It seems the home speed for the X and Y axis is absurdly high when compared to the Build 2. Is there any way to bring this down without altering firmware? It would seem this is hard coded into firmware and not something I can just edit in my start.gcode.

Thanks in advanced for any help!

Yep, those defaults are good and safe. But note that the default "steps per E" is set to 865.888, while older RepG and Skeinforge expects this to be 14.

Another option would be to switch to Cura for all your printing needs:

https://github.com/daid/Cura/wiki

which contains a known good Marlin firmware, assists you in upgrading to it, and has good default settings. It's an attempt to end the software nightmare that is RepG ;-)

Yep, those defaults are good and safe. But note that the default "steps per E" is set to 865.888, while older RepG and Skeinforge expects this to be 14.

Not sure what ya mean by this one. Right now I am using the Build 2 from RepG with this M92 E865.888 X78.7402 Y78.7402 in my start.gcode and everything seems to be fine with gcode generated with SF47. The only bug I have been having is I can't seem to use m109 or M6 in order to have the toolhead wait to heat up and then start printing. The M109 command works however afterwards the extruder spins a crazy amount. I have also tried altering the firmware so that it recognizes the M6 command but it does the same thing.

I will give cura a look over when I get some time it looks interesting.

I gave that site a try but have had no sucess with any of the generated firmwares =/ I'm currently using RepG26 and I set the baud rates to what you recommended but no joy. The only two versions I can get working are either Build 2 or Build 3 by BK. Any ideas why this would be?

Still no joy =( However that does seem to be the correct Baud because instead of trying to connect over and over it only tries two times. On the first attempt it recognizes Marlin 1.0.0 RC2 and then reports a bunch of steps per mm values and a few other things. However the final results sais Ultimaker cant read gcode, which then causes it to not connect.

Still no go for me on this one. I can't seem to find anything about M110 other than its supposed to set the build chamber temp. Why this would prevent the machine from connecting is beyond me =\