Standard Profile: Not all parts of the model are printed with two walls and infill.

shoe
Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

Posted · Standard Profile: Not all parts of the model are printed with two walls and infill.

See attached picture. The back of the model is printed correctly. Two walls and infill. As you clearly see, there are other parts in the same layer, where yellow lines are printed. This is Top/Bottom, correct? Why are they printed...there is no Top/Bottom for MAAANY of the following layers.

I attached the STL. Used Cura 5.6. Standard Profile.

Screenshot from 2024-01-11 22-10-17.png

Screenshot from 2024-01-11 22-06-54.png

object.stl

• Solution
    Posted · Standard Profile: Not all parts of the model are printed with two walls and infill.

Looks completely fine to me from what I can see. It would help if you could provide a Cura project file (.3mf, get it ready to print then go to File > Save Project) because the "standard profile" isn't standard between printers, nozzle sizes, etc., plus it's extremely hard to tell based on the screenshots because I have next to no idea what angle they're at, or if you've rotated the object from its normal. It would also help you could point out some specific points on specific layers where you think there's a problem.

There is skin in the angled bits because Cura will produce enough for either the top/bottom thickness or top/bottom layers, depending on if either has been manually set (thickness takes precedence, because then it applies across different line widths and layer heights), to any part of the model exposed to air above/below it. It just doesn't print them on the very outside because walls take precedence over skin.

• Like 1

I think I now understand. Because of the angle it thinks this is mostly TOP, so it prints it filled.

You're right: those layers have air above them so they're considered top layers.

You can reduce the amount that gets filled by reducing the number of top/bottom layers. I wouldn't go below two, or your actual top and bottom will be too weak. You can use a modifier mesh to only change the the middle section and leave the actual top and bottom as is. I posted some instructions for how to do that here (just... obviously change the settings for what you want changed, not what they wanted to change).

• Like 1