Speed misunderstanding on Cura 5.6.0

Alexglvr

Posted · Speed misunderstanding on Cura 5.6.0

Hello,

I updated to Cura 5.6.0 for my V400.

I am making first layer test prints and I have an issue : the border of the part is printed fast whereas it is on first layer.

Please see on preview.jpg :
- Skirt (in blue) is printed slow which is norma
l

- Grey first layer infill is printed slow, which is also normal as it is first layer

- Yellow part (border of the first layer) is printed super fast

I also linked my speed configuration.

What did I miss? it is the first time I have this behavior...

Thank you for your help,

Alex

Preview.JPG

configuration.JPG

The yellow isn't actually a border - it's skin (top/bottom layers). If you could post the .3mf file for your project (get it ready to print, then go to File > Save Project) there might be something in there that can help.

Important heads up though: Once you get past the first layers, printing that fast requires specially designed filament. You can't do it with regular filament. Right click on Print Speed and click Use value from material and it will set it to the appropriate speed for that filament. I would also turn down the acceleration (let me guess, you have an Ender-3 V3 KE?) because my E3V3SE can accelerate at up to 4000mm/s² but when it does that it can actually pull parts of the model with it, deforming the whole thing. I set it to 500mm/s² (and what I've read says sometimes you have to change it in the settings on the printer's screen or it'll just ignore the speed in the gcode and travel that fast anyway). Changing the acceleration shouldn't make a huge difference in time, but remember, slow good print > quick bad print.

It's a bug. Already reported several Times by different users.

First Layer Wallspeed too fast

You can have some Walls on the initial layer not printed at initial layer speed