what could be the potential reason Ultimaker S5 not printing when PVA is loaded into material bay F.

Go to solution Solved by alkekmakerspace,

Posted · what could be the potential reason Ultimaker S5 not printing when PVA is loaded into material bay F.

hi guys, I have been facing difficulty in printing PLA with PVA as support on extruder 2.

If extruder 1 is PLA and extruder 2 is PLA = no issues

If extruder 1 is PLA and extruder 2 is PVA = error message occurs

i have tried all the solution and when it came to switching bay from bay F to E it works fine.

so i'm curious what come be the problem at bay F.

• Solution
    Posted · what could be the potential reason Ultimaker S5 not printing when PVA is loaded into material bay F.

I have dealt with jammed and broken PVA soooo many times. The worst scenario is when a piece breaks off in the path underneath the material station. I have cleared it twice by opening up the bottom, which is not difficult, just annoying because you have to remove the printer and put it upside down.

I later learned that most of these jams can be cleared by manually pushing a piece of filament through from the front. For your situation you could unplug everything, then manually push a piece of filament into bay F to push the broken piece of PVA out. When you get to the decoupler on the back, the small piece of pva can sometimes get stuck at the corner before it goes into it. Pulling that section of tubing out is nearly impossible, so you have to keep trying to get it to move through the decoupler.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 20 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies