How do i prevent this from happening in cura ?

Go to solution Solved by TheBolshe,

Posted (edited) · How do i prevent this from happening in cura ?

r/3Dprinting - How do i prevent this from happening in cura ?r/3Dprinting - How do i prevent this from happening in cura ?

In cura whenever i print several objects or objects that have different shapes (for example a large shape and a thin one on the same layer) the per layer speed / flow always is always the same whatever the part is printed when i print all at once. However this causes problems if the part has thin towers which usually under extrude because the speed is too fast. Is there a way so that the slicer detects the fact that some parts of a layer need to be printed at different speeds / flow relative to what is needed (to have the same effect as in the one at a time mode for instance) or il my only solution to print parts one by one ?

CDN media

For instance with this part the thin towers in the corner should be printed much slower than the rest of the layer and on the print they are severely underextruded as a result

Edited by TheBolshe

Posted · How do i prevent this from happening in cura ?

Make sure you have Walls > Minimum Wall Line Width set to a lower value than Quality > Line Width. Cura is capable of slicing different flow rates for different parts of the same layer while maintaining the same print speed.

Posted (edited) · How do i prevent this from happening in cura ?
    13 minutes ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

Make sure you have Walls > Minimum Wall Line Width set to a lower value than Quality > Line Width. Cura is capable of slicing different flow rates for different parts of the same layer while maintaining the same print speed.

image.thumb.png.c4fe24a3fced0fed5cdc57586f25eab6.png

Right now i have Quality > Line Width at 0.4 and Walls > Minimum Wall Line Width at 0.34

I can get it down to 0.2 but when i set it lower it throws some warnings and it doesn't change anything for the towers
    It doesn't seem to want to recognize that it need to print the thin towers at a lower speed. I can see that at some layers it does different speeds for the same line types like here. there is a difference between the speed for the diameter test and the support test but the towers in the right left corner still print at the same speed as the bit chunk on the top

image.thumb.png.5aaec647482fca0e5da579d93c82e6e8.png

image.thumb.png.8cd6745c20be5a03bc745222cbf168af.png

And as you can see the flow is the same throughout the layers

Edited by TheBolshe

If you could share the Cura project file (.3mf, get it ready to print then go to File > Save Project) that would help us figure out what's happening.

• Solution
    2 minutes ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

If you could share the Cura project file (.3mf, get it ready to print then go to File > Save Project) that would help us figure out what's happening.

On another thread someone told me about the Minimum layer time setting, it seems that the problem was coming from this. It seems that the slower speed caused by the minimum 10s time were the problem