Wall speed first layer, Bug?

stenmic

Posted · Wall speed first layer, Bug?

Since 5.5 there are new speed settings "Speed of the wall at surfaces".
I now slice a part with only one layer, I get this result. The first layer speed is ignored for the walls.

But sometimes this also happens with parts with more than one layer.

Is this a bug?

5.6.jpg

This has already been discussed fairly extensively in this topic. You should take a look there. TBH I haven't read it because I haven't experienced the problem (meaning I can't troubleshoot it) and it seemed to have no shortage of people smarter than me* investigating it.

*Only smarter than me about the topic of first layer walls being printed fast

There are a few bug reports about this over on GitHub.  I haven't seen an exact cause of the problem.  It seems to be an interaction between a couple of different settings ("Flow Equalization Ratio" and "Initial Layer Print Speed" seem to be a couple of them "Print thin walls" might also be involved).

I do have a post-processor that will fix the over-speeds in the gcode.  If you think you need it or want to try it, let me know and I'll post it here.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies