Cura slicing models with incorrect temperature on Gcode

Posted · Cura slicing models with incorrect temperature on Gcode

Hello,

I'm using Cura 4.13.1 on a Mac. I have 3 Printers added. Cr10s Pro, Ender 3 Pro and TwoTrees Bluer.
When slicing models and trying to change the extruder temperature on the TwoTrees Printer profile, Cura always write 195ºC. No matter what temperature I put when slicing any file, the temperature on the Gcode is always 195ºC.
Cura is changing the extruder temperature for all the other printers profiles, it's just not working for the Twotrees Bluer.
Has anyone ever came across this issue?

I don't see anything obviously wrong with the start G-code for this printer but here you go:

G28 ;Home

G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder

G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move bed down

G1 X10.1 Y20 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to start position

G1 X10.1 Y200.0 Z0.28 F1500.0 E15 ;Draw the first line

G1 X10.4 Y200.0 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to side a little

G1 X10.4 Y20 Z0.28 F1500.0 E30 ;Draw the second line

G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder

G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move Bed up

Thanks for your help

Is that the entire startup code for your printer? Because that has no line to set the temperature in it. Replace the first line (the G28) with this:

M104 {material_print_temperature_layer_0} ; Start heating up extruder
    M190 {material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ; Wait for bed to heat up
    G28 ; Home
    M109 {material_print_temperature_layer_0} ; Wait for extruder to finish heating up

You can do as Slashee advises.  What is likely happening is that your "Initial Layer Print Temperature" is 195 so that is what you are going to see in the gcode for the start of LAYER:0.

If you search the gcode for "M104" you will come across a line just before the start of LAYER:1 and it will show the print temperature for the remainder of the print.

This is the Cura "prepend" that it will add if there are no replacement keywords in the startup.

;TARGET_MACHINE.NAME:Two Trees Bluer
    ;Generated with Cura_SteamEngine 5.6.0
    M140 S60
    M105
    M190 S60
    M104 S195

This is about 20 lines before the start of LAYER:1.

M104 S210

Exactly where it appears in the gcode is a function of the difference between the two temperatures and the "Heat Up Speed" factor which is in the Printer Settings.

• 2 weeks later...

@Slashee_the_Cow

With that start up code the printer doesn't even warm up.
    The code that I shared is the Start up code on the machine settings in Cura:

image.thumb.png.68cd82100917410fcc20170ab788be34.png

The actual generated gcode when I slice it is different. It has the temperature, but it's always 195ºC no matter how much I change it in cure:

image.thumb.png.f3252e82b239021b6e7894e8c1c3b0a0.png

Thanks for your help

In Cura, switch to the "Custom" settings.

In the Search Box type in "Printing Temperature Initial Layer".

What does the setting say?

(I'm guessing that it's 195.)