Cura version 5.4.0, When opening an STL file in Cura, a piece that is not a part of the STL is added onto a corner in the build plate and I can't remove it.

rcabada

Posted · Cura version 5.4.0, When opening an STL file in Cura, a piece that is not a part of the STL is added onto a corner in the build plate and I can't remove it.

I've included some pictures and the project file to illustrate the issue I'm having. This seems to be happening with any STL file that I open on Cura. I can't select this circular shape that generates on the corners when opening the STL file, so I have no way to get rid of it. For this example with the golf tee, it doesn't take up much space, but with bigger pieces I want to print, the extra circular piece I want to get rid of gets bigger and takes up much needed space. The STL files were made using Fusion 360 and I ensured that the only body that existed was the Golf tee as shown. Any help in dealing with this would be greatly appreciated.

Golf Tee pic 1.PNG

Golf tee pic 2.PNG

Golf Tee Test File.3mf

Posted · Cura version 5.4.0, When opening an STL file in Cura, a piece that is not a part of the STL is added onto a corner in the build plate and I can't remove it.

thats the purge tower for dual extrusion.

Go into settings and type "tower" in the settings search box.

But tower can be very very useful for a dual extrusion print.

So instead, go to PREPARE mode and click on the second extruder and then the second tab and then disable that second extruder.  That will probably make the tower go away also and not affect future dual material prints.