Profile .curaprofile headers special characters

Kamino
Go to solution Solved by ahoeben,

Posted · Profile .curaprofile headers special characters

Hello,

I am currently trying to generate some Cura profile files (*.curaprofile) for a custom tool but I have some issues with the format. There are headers with characters not recognized on NotePad++. I attached an image showing the unknown headers starting with "PK".

Does anyone know how to recreate those characters or avoid using them?

Thank you 🙂

headers.png

This isn't a solution, but I was curious too... many of them are null (the ones which are just 00s), several of them are Unicode characters without ASCII or ANSI equivalent (so they're only appearing in Notepad++ as their Unicode character codes):

image.thumb.png.b1547e0173752531d310413db6f59ade.png

They all appear before what are probably either filenames or object names (like what extruder it applies to).

I would say they're definitely not supposed to be human readable text. "PK" has several different forms when it comes to technology, but I'm wondering they're maybe Primary Keys of a database, unique identifiers?

But there is some consistency: The first 30 or so bytes of the first and last lines are almost the same but there's a few different.

I can't make any sense of them either. If anyone around here can, it's probably @ahoeben.

• Solution

A .curaprofile file is actually a zip file containing multiple files. You can rename it to ".curaprofile.zip" and extract it into a folder. The files inside that folder are all pure text with no "weird characters". Do not edit the text of a .curaprofile file as is; this may break the .zip file structure.

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Profile .curaprofile headers special characters

@Slashee_the_Cow

Yes, I tried to decode it like that too, but couldn't find some clean patterns too 🙂

@ahoeben

It makes sense. The files content are clear so it must be using a "no compression" type of zip. I will try replicate it 👍

Thank you for the information !

Edited by Kamino