Universal cura settings no longer there

Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

Posted · Universal cura settings no longer there

says author doesn't even exist on marketplace and i have it on my laptop running 5.7.0 but just installed the new 5.7.1 because 5.7.0 had a bug causing it to print multiple support lines but now even from curas marketplace on the browser wont show up. i downloaded the github files but dont know how to import those into cura

Screenshot 2024-05-01 214724.png

• Solution

Plugins should automatically copy over when you first run a new version of Cura.

5axes' plugins seem to have disappeared for me too, so it's not just you.

If you have it installed on one computer but not another, on the computer that has it, in Cura go to Help > Show Configuration Folder and copy the "plugins" folder onto a USB drive or whatever. Then on the computer which doesn't have it installed, get to the configuration folder the same way but this time copy the plugins folder from your USB drive, overwriting the one which is already there. Then restart Cura on that computer and the plugins should be there.

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · Universal cura settings no longer there

that did fix it for me thank you i had to transfer it from my old pc that still has it on there. 5axes' plugins have disappeared though still you are right about that

Screenshot 2024-05-11 172727.png

Edited by flickbrandon

4 hours ago, flickbrandon said:

that did fix it for me thank you i had to transfer it from my old pc that still has it on there. 5axes' plugins have disappeared though still you are right about that

Wow. That sucks. Too bad that I'm decent at post-processing scripts but have no idea how to make plugins or else I'd consider maintaining them myself (at least enough to make sure they work with the latest version of Cura). Maybe it's a good time to learn 😄