Adaptive layers feature messing up support

Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

Posted · Adaptive layers feature messing up support

I threw a calibration cube into Cura (again) to test supports (again). I have adaptive layers turned on, and for some reason the supports now don't extend all the way to the edge of my model. You can see in the picture that the lines get much thinner where the support stops. Any ideas what could be causing this?image.thumb.png.497464980c58a9210e3c290748e461d6.png

Adaptive Layers CalibrationCube.3mf

• Solution

There's less overhang where the layers are shorter. It's still expanding at the same rate but each layer doesn't stick out as far from the previous one as the taller layers.

5 hours ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

There's less overhang where the layers are shorter. It's still expanding at the same rate but each layer doesn't stick out as far from the previous one as the taller layers.

Is there a way (Other than changing support overhang angle) to make it generate support there?

19 minutes ago, Adventurehill1 said:

Is there a way (Other than changing support overhang angle) to make it generate support there?

You don't need to. The shorter layers don't overhang each other enough to need support.

If you really want to, you could add a mesh there and use the Per Model Settings tool and set it to Print as support (the second option). Here's a right triangular prism you can use (scale as required).

right triangular prism.stl

44 minutes ago, Slashee_the_Cow said:

You don't need to. The shorter layers don't overhang each other enough to need support.

That tells me what I want to know. Thanks!