How to reassemble Ultimaker 3

Posted · How to reassemble Ultimaker 3

Hello.

Can anyone provide a guide on how to reassemble an Ultimaker 3? I took it all apart to clean it. Then forget on how everything is put back together.

I searched for this on youtube and got good results.  I'm not sure which reassembly portion is most confusing.  Probably just the print head?

ultimaker 3 disassembly fbrc8

You can also search for S5 which is a bit different but many things such as the print head are almost identical.

It’s the main board that I’m confused about reassembling at the bottom of the unit.

If you flip that board over, every connector should be labelled with things like "X" for the X stepper and the X limit switch.  Heaters, fans, all labelled.

That board - the one with the most cables - is called something like the "stepper controller PCB".  It is almost identical to the UM2 so you can see what the other side of the board is labelled as by looking at a UM2 PCB.  For example page 64 of this document shows it plus explains which wires go where.  Document is here but you have to click on the download link on the right side of the page: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Ultimaker2/blob/master/um2 assembly manual V1.1 _english.pdf