Cura 5.7.0 and up not running

Go to solution Solved by Slashee_the_Cow,

Posted · Cura 5.7.0 and up not running

5.7.2 used to run fine on my computer until one day it just kept sayng, not responding.  I tried unintalling all the files and reintalling and nothing works including older versions, someone please help.

If you could post the log files that might help - if you're running Windows it would be %APPDATA%\cura\5.7.2\cura.log and if it exists, %APPDATA\cura\stderr.log

You could also try renaming - not deleting - your Cura configuration folder. Again, on Windows, just go to %APPDATA% and rename the cura folder to cura_old or something. Next time you launch Cura it should generate a new configuration folder and if that works then you can start copying profiles and such over from the old folder.

If versions older than 5.7 run fine (and if you need to test you can have as many versions as you want installed side by side and they don't conflict with each other) then go to %APPDATA%\cura\ and move the 5.7 folder somewhere else on your hard drive, then run 5.7.2. This will force it to regenerate its configuration folder for 5.7 basing it on the most recent previous version you had installed.

If that doesn't work, then try renaming the whole cura folder as I instructed in my first post. This will make it act like a new install. If that works, then you can start copying files over from the one you renamed to the new one to get your settings and such back. If that doesn't work, then we know it's not a problem with the configuration files and we go from there 🙂 

Now with cura 5.6 it doesnt print on the bed, its completely of center

• Solution
    9 hours ago, GDesigns said:

Now with cura 5.6 it doesnt print on the bed, its completely of center

In the printer settings screen in Cura, make sure "Origin at center" is set to the correct value for your printer. For most it should be turned off, but for some it needs to be turned on.

Thanks I turned off orgin at center and now it print in center, thank you.