Mac Not able to login after using Cura

peanudt

Posted · Mac Not able to login after using Cura

Hi all,

each time when I have used Cura, I am unable to login when my Macbook awakes. The Macbook is responsive (keyboard lighting for example), but the screen remains completely black. A hard shut-down is required to get things going again.

The problem remains even after a hard reset. Starting the Macbook in Safe Mode solves the issue, so now I need to start my Macbook in Safe Mode each time I've used Cura.

Does anybody has a clue what is going on? Or even better; does anybody has a solution?

- Macbook Air (medio 2011, Intel 1,8 i7, Intel HD-Video 3000)

- OSX 10.9.2 (13C64) (Issue also occurred with previous versions)

- Cura 14.03 (Issue also occurred with previous versions)

but I'm quite confident it is caused by Cura.

If that would be the case I wouldn't be able to sit at my desk right now. Cura actually touches at little from the system as possible, as this makes it easier to go cross-platform.

I think it has something do with my macbook.

Maybe some strange hard to find hardware/software combo problem. The problem is that I am not able to reproduce the situation.

Here's an idea. Enable remote login (ssh) and when it happens again, log-in from another system via ssh and inspect the process list (ps -alx). If cura is running, try to kill it by hand and see if you can log-in. But I doubt that's the cause.

You could also take a look at the console app. It agregates all logs. Just search for the latest entries (before the shutdown).

I didn't have this problem with Cura, but it happened to me before. Even on a new retina mbp and with Mavericks :/

Thnx UM2, will try that.

Till now I experienced three situations:

- Sometimes the screen remains black, but the keyboard lighting is responsive.

- The login screen appears for a second and then dissapears.

- Thw login screen appears, but I cannot enter the password (no cursor)

Haha, I meant : thanx Nicolinux