Our first Gadget Hacking & Accessories Contest

SandervG

Posted · Our first Gadget Hacking & Accessories Contest

Hi All,

As you may have read we are co-hosting the Gadget Hacking & Accessories contest currently on Instructables. Within this contest I see a big role for 3D printing and especially for Ultimaker.

There is a special prize for the best 3D printed entry, and I want to give participants the chance to get familiar with 3D printing even when they do not have a printer yet themselves.

In this topic I want to give those participants the chance to ask for advice on 3D printing so we can share our knowledge and experience with others. Perhaps if anyone is up to it, prototype someone's idea even.

It would be great if we as a community can contribute to this contest by lending our helping hand, and obviously submit the best hack imaginable!

Good luck everyone! :)

Gadget

im in ! :-) :-)

by the way.... in your blog post..

"Inspired by our own community who is already familiar with hacking we figured it would only be a small step towards gadget hacking.

who is.. is singular... you mean our own community who are already.....

Ian :-)

Can I ask... If I have a loose idea can I post it on youmagine and just keep on working on it from there.. then I can submit it later.. when it works to the instructables.com site ?

That wont screw up any of the small print details to trying for this competition... ?

Plus another question...

I really love this forum because you can share ideas with other clever creative people and that really helps make the idea better.

So question is.. I would really like to share my idea here.. show some sketches and 3d models iv done and get some feedback if possible... would that be cheating ??

I mean its the same as if an engineer went into a hackerspace and got his designed checked by other engineers... this way we do it online...

Ian :smile:

?

Im still not sure If I can publish my designs and process here.. :-(

I want to..... but.... no anser... ....

pity i have some cool renderings i did last night and would like to publich before I hit the road early tomorrow..

go on.. stick em on !

Hi Ian,

Sorry to keep you waiting for a reply! Have been away from my desk a lot today.

Yes please feel free to share your idea here and on YouMagine.

That is why I created this topic.

I would suggest to first upload it to instructables so it is clear that it is your idea.

And you can update it later, when necessary :)

Ok very cool !!! will do !!

Ok uploaded...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Precious-Memory-Converter-Convert-all-old-Films-to/

Ever want to rescue all your old films... slides.. home movies.. with one device that you can print from home ???

Now you can..

with the ...

Precious-Memory-Converter

FUO6IZJHU845C5I.LARGE.jpg

ps.. before people laugh.. i wanted a 3d model in 5 minutes that represented the overall idea.. this will be heavily tweaked and sexed up by the end !! ;-)

Ian LOL

I am wanting to enter you contest but I have a few questions.I hope my questions do not sound foolish or right out stupid.

Does the item- gadget have to be done with a 3d printer?

Can the item be edible?

Thanks for your valuable time

Hi Vilma,

No worries please feel free to ask.

It does not have to be 3D-printed, but there is a special price for 3D printed designs.

How do you mean if the item can be edible?

Hey, i have also finished my instructable.

check it out: http://www.instructables.com/id/3D-printed-Mini-Macro-Studio/

Its the awesome:

FB8T81JHUOP4ZZG.LARGE.jpg

Cheers