Tiny Ultimaker

Nicolinux

Posted · Tiny Ultimaker

If Ultimaker decides to release an Ultimaker Mini Kit - I'll be all over it. You know, something with a small nozzle (like 0.2) tuned for small and intricate prints.

Absolutely! I would be client no. 2!!! :cool:

Posted · Tiny Ultimaker

Here's another Ultimaker ripoff.

What's cool though, is the size. If Ultimaker decides to release an Ultimaker Mini Kit - I'll be all over it. You know, something with a small nozzle (like 0.2) tuned for small and intricate prints.

Don't count me in as no. 3 client, using one of these for a year now, and a lot cheaper :)

http://www.amazon.com/Printer-Extruder-Nozzle-0-2mm-0-3mm/dp/B00ESZL90S/ref=sr_1_31?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1396976144&sr=1-31&keywords=printer+nozzle

Posted · Tiny Ultimaker

Interesting... What is your experiance with this small nozzles?

Hi,

Obviously printing takes 2 times longer and using small layers.

I,ve sharpened it as much as possible, to prevent bending and moving of higher prints, because of the drag.

Its a little higher (1mm) then a standard nozzle, so you have to adjust your z switch or bed every time when changing.

But while searching yesterday I saw sets in different sizes (0.4, 0.3, 0.2) sold as well, that's more convenient.

DSCN1843

DSCN1839

Posted · Tiny Ultimaker

looks very cute.. ahhh a little baby ultimaker...

but i have to ask... if you have a nice ultimaker1 original with 2 or 3 different nozzless.. you can print amazing prints...

so whats the big thing about a little smaller printer ?

Ian :-)

Posted · Tiny Ultimaker

It's better for transport...

Posted · Tiny Ultimaker

ok... but still... im not sold... iv seen people race around with ultimakers on the backs of their bikes... carry them in IKEA blue bags while shopping.... its not a big problem....

if the print quality some how was a lot better.. then id say.. cool ok...

But this just seems like a..... dud concept when you can grab yourself a bombproof ultimaker1...

Ian :-)

Posted · Tiny Ultimaker

It's the same as with 7" and 10" tablets. You can carry the 10" tablet everywhere. However, a 7" tablet is more comfortable to transport...

I didn't say carrying an UM1 is not possible.

I know there is an english guy who can even carry a small car on his head... :p

Posted · Tiny Ultimaker

Hi,

Obviously printing takes 2 times longer and using small layers.

I,ve sharpened it as much as possible, to prevent bending and moving of higher prints, because of the drag.

Its a little higher (1mm) then a standard nozzle, so you have to adjust your z switch or bed every time when changing.

But while searching yesterday I saw sets in different sizes (0.4, 0.3, 0.2) sold as well, that's more convenient.

Thank you for the details - great looking pictures.

Could be worth trying especially as I print a lot of very small things for my mcpX BL RC helicopters...

Maybe I´ll order a set and give it a try on my second head... :-)

Posted · Tiny Ultimaker

@Ian: I "only" have an UM2. And obviously a mini Ultimaker would be perfect for micro tinkering and printing small objects with lots of details. That's what I want it for.

I went so far and kickstartered this mini printer:

It is so small and cute. Would be the perfect printer to show around and loan to friends (in order to get the hooked). Because, you know, I can't give my UM2 away. The void it leaves ist too hard to bear :)