Problems extruding

fablab

Posted · Problems extruding

o.O

Somehow this thread must have slipped away from me, sorry!

I will make my own direct drive bracket out of Trespa (same material I'm using for the frame). There's a lot of "leftover" material from the side and front panel cutouts, so I can do a lot of small parts from Trespa.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

I've been away from this thread far too long from what I can tell. Martin, I had also started to think I was the only one with this problem.

Unfortunately, out Ultimaker is yet to work properly even after we replaced the extruder with the latest E3D.... we're thinking of replacing the extruding mechanism but I'm not sure It's broken and at this point I don't know how I can tell if it is.

I'll give it another go, take it apart and put it back together again...

ina

• 1 month later...

Hi Martin,

I am glad you shared the problem with the teflon piece. I have exactly the same issue. However, what really intrigues me is how this happened. Since the carving occurs at the exit end of the teflon tube (facing the PEEK isolator), I doubt it is actually caused by filament scratching ("carving") into the material. I have been using some oil inside the bowden tube priviously and was wondering if this might eat on the teflon. Or could it be from heat from the hot end isolator tube. Anyway I have ordered two spares for now. Might consider changing to 3rd party hot end as has been suggested here.

Kindest regards,

Stefan

Stefan

that's actually a pretty good hint. I was using a tiny bit of wd40 in the tube, but only once... could it be that the oil is actually eating the teflon? I don't think so... but hey...

I have another theory. It's maybe to much force pressing the teflon piece together and then slowly carving it away... next time I open my hot end I will check.

Martin