My prints start too high on the z axis - solved.

vindolin

Posted · My prints start too high on the z axis - solved.

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with printing out gcode generated by Cura.

I have a printer that has an automatic z-axis calibration feature (RF1000).

I've printed out some example gcode files (with brim) that came with the printer and they printed without problems.

But when I try to print cura gcode, the first layer doesn't stick to the build plate.

I tried all the profiles that came with the printer but no luck so far.

Any tips what what I can tweak so that it sticks?

Regards

Thomas

Can you post the first few dozen lines of gcode from both slicers please? Up until it starts extruding on the first layer.

What is your nozzle hole diameter?

It looks like the M3004 thing. I don't know what that does but it says something about the "bed height" and in one case it is set to 72 and in the other it is set to 0. I think it needs to be zero in both cases as it sounds like you said kisslicer workd better and that is what kisslicer set it to.

It looks like the M3004 thing. I don't know what that does but it says something about the "bed height" and in one case it is set to 72 and in the other it is set to 0. I think it needs to be zero in both cases as it sounds like you said kisslicer workd better and that is what kisslicer set it to.

Thanks, that was the problem :)

I thought the printer firmware would be responsible for the z adjustment but it only corrects the z delta and I had to find the correct settings myself.