Workaround for Cura on OSX not showing dropdown menu items and tooltips and expert window

fuh

Posted · Workaround for Cura on OSX not showing dropdown menu items and tooltips and expert window

The problem seems to be that Cura (14.01 here) sometimes fails to give these user interface elements the input focus.

Easy workaround: Select item "Hide Cura" in application menu, then unhide Cura again by clicking on its icon in the Dock.

Posted · Workaround for Cura on OSX not showing dropdown menu items and tooltips and expert window

The problem seems to be that Cura (14.01 here) sometimes fails to give these user interface elements the input focus.

Easy workaround: Select item "Hide Cura" in application menu, then unhide Cura again by clicking on its icon in the Dock.

Which version of OSX are you using, I have started using with version 14.01 and now 14.04-RC1, still ok. Fully use of the Cura, no I am not there yet :mrgreen: but the menu issue did not happen to me. :mrgreen:

Which version of OSX are you using [...]

I have seen this with previous Cura versions, too. And I think, OSX versions, too.

Just clicking the icon in the dock usually works too

This. And clicking the open button works. (And a few other things)

I have no idea why. It's just crazy. But, I do think I've placed a bit of a workaround in 14.03.

(It also only happens on the release version, not on the development version)

I also had the same problem after installing the 14.03 version,

menu's would not work, trying to open the expert setting did nothing, only after trying to open a new document, then all the menus I clicked suddenly opened all at once.

even after I thoroughly removed 14.03 and installed 14.01, it had the same problems.

with a second user account the problem was gone, so I reinstalled OSX, and the problem is gone, but I am a little hesitant to use 14.03 in the near future :???: