No filament coming out, feeder problem

carinac

Posted · No filament coming out, feeder problem

Hi,

My filament has broken, just at the end. The end is too short to get it and pull it out.

When I lossen the back and put new filament strongly there's no filament coming out. When I raise the temp to 250 there is a very little bit coming out, but for a very short time. It doesn't help when I push the new filament. I tried to print something after closing the back, but there was nothing coming out.

I tried a diffrent slizing program (slice3r) and maybe the settings were not right, which could have caused my problem.

The filament broke short after the start of this print and I heard the clicking again. Something is wrong with the feeder, I think.

Anyone has tips? I hope other tips then unscrewing the extrusion head, because I started that once and stopped, as that is a big risk for people like me :???:

Is it possible to losen the bowden tube at the back?

Hi CarinaC,

At the end; do you mean near the print head or at the feeder?

At the feeder: Remove the horse shoe, push down the bowden tube coupler and pull out the bowden tube.

You should now be able to get the piece of filament.

Near the print head: Basically the same. Remove the horse shoe, push down the bowden tube coupler and pull out the bowden tube. Remove the filament and push the bowden tube in all the way again.

Make sure it is not stuck on the edge of the teflon part. Push it down, put back the horse shoe.

Pull it up once more and push it down again to make sure it is stuck.

Can you show on a picture where the broken piece of filament is?

Hi Sander, thanks, I have removed the filament at the feeder. It was broken right after the feeder, but was too short to reach it by hand. It has been broken before at the same place. I wonder maybe the horizontal screw there is too tight or loose? Anyway, after putting in new filament, nothing came out. So I'm afraid I have to disassemble the nozzle, as probably a peace stuck in the nozzle. I'm at Protospace Tuesday, I'm going to try it there.