Combine spirals with infill.

fingerpuk

Posted · Combine spirals with infill.

Hello.

I've just tested my first spiralise and I'm blown away by the outside edge quality, it's phenomenal. However the horizontal parts of the model failed, they have nothing to sit upon.

I wonder if there is a way ti combine spiralise with traditional infill printing? The issues with out edge quality seem to be down to retraction blobs and acceleration and jerk. Changing all the settings has some effect but retraction blobs are still an issue, if the reiteration always happened on the infill, then head performed an outward glide whilst creating infill, printed the outer edge, went back in and then retracted again this would possibly improve the quality?

Also if no reiteration needs to happen, it's a single piece buy you want infill, no retraction needs to ever happen.

Is this something that could happen in future releases?

Cheers.

:) Ye, but spiralise has no infix so cannot handle most models. A combination of that to do the outer wall, and infill where all the retraction blobbyness can occur, would be wonderful.

what spiralize does is giving you a steady z move. so instead moving the z axis after each layer it dies move the whole time just a little bit. this is great for vases so you have a very clean outer surface with no stops or retraction.

know you know why u cant combine infill and spiralize.

edit:

oh i think i get you wrong. u didn't really want to combine it.

But i think if the head went from infill to the outerline while extruding, you would probably also see these spot on the outside. And also the head have to get back into the infill, so the spot would look like this:

INFILL

____||____

OUTSIDE

i hope you get what i mean :D

Cheers