cura 14.01 ultimaker V1 heat loss

Posted · cura 14.01 ultimaker V1 heat loss

so for a short period of time my ultimaker (v1) running cura 14.01 (i like to be able to control speeds and such for now!) had a sudden moment where it either couldn't get to correct temperature, or couldn't display what temperature it was at.

bqt5.png

its alive and kicking now, but im a bit worried. i don't want to have to replace a thermostat again (first time was due to a little bit too much brute force on my part!) nor do i want a 3rd failed print (first time due to me not noticing a slice error (thanks to my model) and second time good ol' windows automatic update restarted my computer.

anyone know what this could be? once again i was too foolish to check the small built in "debug" in the control software.

You mean a hiccup in the updating of the temperature display? As long as the temperature was never wrong, I wouldn't worry. When the software asks for the temperature, I think it first has to wait for the current movement queue to finish before it gets an answer, which can take several seconds, depending on the move.

If you see moderate temperature jumps it could be EMI, in which case you can try to move the termocouple wires as far away from the stepper motors as possible.

luckly i was printing very hot, so i was able to slow it down before the temperature reset itself.

i can imagine it was a loose wire. i did have my ultimaker on its side today as i cleaned the circuit board under-neat with an air duster and saw what would happen if i put a bit of white lithium grease in the fan that cools the circuit board to stop it sound like a large tractor engine, so i can imagine something may have been knocked slightly.