Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
thirdsurface

Ultimaker 1 Extrusion Motor Stopped Working

So I rebuilt my extruder mount over the past few days and once I reassembled it all to give it a test my extrusion motor no longer worked. I switched the e-motor plug with the z-axis motor plug and this fixed the extrusion but left the z-axis inoperable. I then switched the plugs back but switched the stepper drivers between the two motors and this left the z-axis working but no extrusion.

This tells me that the problem is on the electronics board. Does anyone have any idea what could have happened or what I could do about it?

One idea I had was to use the optional 2nd extruder motor port to power my one extruder. I tried to modify my configuration.h , advanced config.h and pins.h files to pull this off but had no success, it was difficult to be sure I had edited all the correct bits of code to effectively make the switch. It seems to me that this would be an easy fix to make if I spent more time with the code but it would be great if anyone has experience doing something like this and could point me in the correct direction.

Thanks a lot guys.