Leaking hotend

Posted · Leaking hotend

Yes, there is. But as long as it isn't dripping onto your print you can ignore it if you want - eventually it will cook to a nice solid gunk and the leak will stop.

To fix it you have to take it apart and put it together a little better. I haven't done this, maybe others will advise. I know some people use teflon plumbers tape on the threads but usually you just have to make things slightly tighter. Make sure you heat the head to 180C before unscrewing the nozzle as solid PLA in the threads is strong enough that using a wrench to take it apart will destroy the brass (brass is not nearly as strong as steel).

Posted · Leaking hotend

In the future please post to the forum - I don't think your imgur pic link will still work a year from now. To do this click "gallery" on the top left of this page, then click blue "upload" button. After uploading edit your post (or make a new one) and click "my media" next to smile icon.