Cura messing the prints?

evilpoltergeist

Posted · Cura messing the prints?

with the quickprint i dont have other tabs :p

after changing it to expert mode it looks like it solved it...

but why would the quickprint mess up now if it was doing it right last night? with the same model?

so it only happens if i do a low quality quickprint, but it happens on all models...

I don't know - it seems that a pause plugin is getting activated.

But it's a good thing if it at least forced you out of QuickPrint mode. ;-) Quickprint is evil. There aren't that many settings to learn; using generic settings isn't likely to give good results most of the time anyway, so it's really worth making the effort to learn the more detailed settings, and experiment a bit.

yes :) i was mainly using it to test the calibration since i just finished building it.

one thing i cant manage to find is how to read the gcode...

gcode is just a text file, so it can open in any editor. There are various sites online that list what the codes mean. Here's one I use quite a bit:

http://reprap.org/wiki/G-code

With the Marlin firmware that Ultimaker uses, G1 and G0 do the same thing (move the head). X, Y and Z coordinates are the coordinates to move to, and if there's an E coordinate, that's where to advance the filament feed to (and hence how much plastic to extrude during the move). If there's an F parameter given, that's the speed - but in mm/min. Once the speed is set, it is used for all subsequent moves until a new value is set.

Repetier Host is a good program to view gcode; you can see the text and 3D view side by side, and it highlights each line in the 3D view as you step through the code. It also has built in help explaining what the codes do.

damn... just a text file... i could have thinked of that earlier. my bad.