Infill a la Netfabb feature request

chopmeister

Posted · Infill a la Netfabb feature request

Daid, I know this might be a dumb question, but the thing I came to love most about Netfabb is the way it does infill (and since I started using Cura, that and raw speed are pretty much the only things I miss from Netfabb). I print a lot with transparent plastic and it really looks good on those, plus, it seems more sturdy than the default line infill in Skeinforge, at least in my experience. Now, I know this is a Skeinforge feature but since I presume you delved into Skeinforge quite a lot while programming Cura, I have some hope you could do something like that. Is it possible?

And thanks for an awesome piece of software. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the software awesome :D

I've indeed done my share of Skeinforge hacking already. However, the infill is the part that confuses the hell out of me, I have no idea how it works and why it works. So I stay away from it. So I cannot make this feature. The first time I notice the NetFabb infill I already thought, now that looks pretty! But I have no way to implement it in SF.

Daid, I know this might be a dumb question, but the thing I came to love most about Netfabb is the way it does infill (and since I started using Cura, that and raw speed are pretty much the only things I miss from Netfabb). I print a lot with transparent plastic and it really looks good on those, plus, it seems more sturdy than the default line infill in Skeinforge, at least in my experience. Now, I know this is a Skeinforge feature but since I presume you delved into Skeinforge quite a lot while programming Cura, I have some hope you could do something like that. Is it possible? And thanks for an awesome piece of software. :mrgreen:

Go and have a look selecting grid or hex as infill patterns in the export settings... at 25-28% they are quite sturdy yet print reasonable, 30% looks like a 60% infill (is it a bug or a feature?). it is a "works all the time infill", independent from any/most speed settings (unaffected by M220), none of the crumbly/flakey mess cura/slic3r can produce at speeds >90mm/s.

but yes, a simply multiplier for cura infill would be really helpful.

Go and have a look selecting grid or hex as infill patterns in the export settings...

Yeah well, I did. But grid rectangular isn't really what I want, Netfabb's infill is more of a line infill which looks like grid rectangular without the massive amount of jerky moves. And I can't even begin to understand the logic behind grid hexagonal, it does have hexagons here and there but isn't much of a grid really. :) At least from what I sliced with it so far.

@Daid:

Ah, I was kinda afraid you would say that, haha. Thanks anyway.