Dual Extrusion Bug in 14.05RC4

discostu

Posted · Dual Extrusion Bug in 14.05RC4

Hello,

I think there's a bug with dual extruder in the version 14.05RC4. After Retracting 16mm or so, the filament is not extruded by 16mm again. So after a switch between the extruders there is massive underextrusion.

Only as information if you haven't noticed it yet Daid.

It seems not to affect volumetric RepRap flavor. Every G10 S1 is followed by a G11.

However, G10 S1 is not (yet) implemented in Marlin. I actually have some code working for that purpose.

@Daid: The code lacks of the proper LCD menu items for the swap retraction length. After having implemented them, I may issue a pull request for this code, if you like. However, I don't want to hurry ahead of your work.

But there are some other bugs and possible improvements for the dual extrusion as e.g. mentioned in the submitted issues #100 and #101 on Github for the CuraEngine.

Furthermore, having the ooze shield drawn twice per layer results in a blob mess for the second material on my UM1. Thus, I'm currently working on removing the second ooze shield pass with a plugin.

@DiscoStu: I once had 16mm retraction length for the extruder swap and it resulted in a clog. I then switched to 13mm which never caused me any problems.

@Daid: The code lacks of the proper LCD menu items for the swap retraction length. After having implemented them, I may issue a pull request for this code, if you like. However, I don't want to hurry ahead of your work.

Pull requests would be great. I'm quick to commit and push, so you can see what I'm working on. And I'm swarmed with work already, so any assist would be great :-)

Pull requests would be great. I'm quick to commit and push, so you can see what I'm working on. And I'm swarmed with work already, so any assist would be great :smile:

Is it ok for the pull request to ErikZalm/Marlin? Or would you prefer to have it to Ultimaker/Marlin?

If it's good for all reprap-users, then do ErikZalm/Marlin. The Ultimaker/Marlin is a fork for just the configuration changes.

Note, "in-house" we just found out that there is a problem with dual-extrusion if you have retraction disabled. Haven't looked into it yet.

The Ultimaker/Marlin is a fork for just the configuration changes.

Good to know !! Thank you!