Cracks on slider boxes

esteban-pacheco

Posted · Cracks on slider boxes

Hello to everyone:

I'm new in the ultimaker world, so im getting my first experiences. Two days ago i finally got my ultimaker 2, and im very happy about that. But after a few minutes, i realized that one of the slider boxes of the axis Y has an small crack on it (if someone is wondering if i did the unboxing properly, i can assure i did it by following the user manual)

. I've tried to get an answer from ultimaker but ,maybe theyre too busy, the thing is that i dont know certainly the gravity of the issue, and im not sure if using the machine can be a problem.

So if theres someone out there that can help me by telling me what it the best way to get over this issue i'll be really happy, because i dont know if it is a minor problme, or it can get worse... And so on

Many thanks in advance..

Hello Illuminarti! so, here you Go, heres the picture of the problem

so, whats the best solution for this?

i tried tonight the print the parts that i need... but there are so small areas that are really fragile... so printing spare parts... it might be not a good idea for this case.

Many thanks

gallery_35459_949_71274.jpeg

I wouldn't worry about it... the two halves of the blocks are clamped together at the top and the bottom, so I don't think there's must chance of anything coming apart, or causing print problems. The blocks just grip the cross rod and belt, and fix them relative to one another, while sliding along the axis for stability and to fix the height.

I don't think that crack will affect any of that, so I don't think its a problem.

Thanks Illuminarti! as i told you, I'm new to the ultimaker 2 (i'm a defector from MB 2)and i saw that and my first tough was like... well it seems like in a couple of days it might get worse, and we will have some problems..